2.09.2011

Love Hate Wednesday: The Valentine’s Edition

Valentine’s is only five days away and, although the critical sociological side of me is screaming “it’s just a marketing ploy!”, the romantic English-lit side of me is saying “love..." *happy sigh*.

The only thing I hate about Valentine’s day – besides the ugly plush bears and unethically produced, low- cocoa content chocolate – is the time of year at which it occurs. 

I mean, February!? Seriously?

When I think of love, I think of this...


Not this...

 

Alas, until I move closer to the equator, I’ll take what I can get.


My first love this week comes in the form of absolute, feminine, gorgeous, frilly, beauty! 

If you have never been on Etsy you’re missing out on a whole lot of wonderful. Go now...


If you have been on Etsy but haven’t been to the Ohhh Lulu store then you’re missing out on a whole lot of perfect, vintage-inspired pretty. Again, go... I’ll wait while you oooh and aaah.

I’ve been drooling over the Ohhh Lulu offerings for weeks now (I shared a Latin class with the talented proprietor) and finally had an occasion to permit myself to indulge in these...



Which leads me to love #2  (yes, lingerie is my segue) - our first romantic getaway in 6 months! That’s right ladies and gentlemen, we’re going away...without Judah! Luke’s reading week begins next weekend, as does a week of holidays for me. So I’ve planned a one-night retreat for us. I’d tell you all about it, but the destination is a surprise and Luke has been known to read the blog, so you too will have to wait. 

Judah will be left in the capable hands of my sisters, who I am confident will be way more fun than us and will probably leave him feeling wistful for the days when we were away, for some time to come. 

And my final love/hate for the day is just that- something I kind of love but kind of love but in a grimace-y sort of way...Judah’s barbershop quartet center part. Judah, as we have discussed, has hardly any hair and yet no matter how I comb it, it insists on parting right down the center in a manner that can only remind me of this...


See the resemblance?


I fear he comes by this part honestly. Luke’s dad has been known to sport the same style when his hair gets a bit long. Come to think of it, Luke’s probably would too if he didn’t frequently shear himself within an inch of his life. Anyway, no matter what Judah’s hairstyle, I’m glad I can claim him as one of my two amazing Valentines this year.

Happy lovin’ everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, barbershop quartet hair, you are too funny.
    Love the lingerie you bought for your little romantic getaway. That etsy shop has super cute stuff. Since the shop owner grew up in Orillia I wonder if I know her, especially since I know so many Sarahs.

    ReplyDelete